PETITION FOR LAWAS DISTRICT HOSPITAL [Petition]
- Mothers and patients living in the interiors of Sarawak are struggling with substandard maternity and healthcare.
- Notably, the current hospital in the Lawas District, Sarawak does not have a gynecologist or a specialist doctor nor is it equipped to handle complicated pregnancies and emergency cases.
- The new Lawas District Hospital, promised under the 7h Malaysia Plan(1996-2000) has yet to be built.
We, the citizens of Malaysia, demand that Ministry of Health and the Federal Government of Malaysia to address these issues listed below immediately:
- Equip the Lawas District Hospital with the necessary equipment to handle Cesarean section and other medical emergencies.
- For a Specialist to be stationed at the Hospital.
- To construct the Lawas District Hospital immediately.